Monday, May 27, 2013

Ping-O-Matic

I just read one of the better written posts that I have in awhile, it reminds me why I like blogging. I got permission to quote it in its entirety below, it's about the Ping-O-Matic.
Image
What a name! Since I first heard the word, almost five years ago, I’ve been a little in love with it.  
Ping-O-Matic
The Ping-O-Matic service.  Or it a Ping-O-Matic website? Or is it just the Ping-O-Matic? The name reeks of Jetson-like futuristic automation.  And check out their logo, not so amazing but still pretty cool! 
Despite my adulation of their name, I do have some questions about their service.  Does it do anything?  Specifically, lets say that I had set up a blog on Blogger or WordPress.  In fact, I have. This one for instance.  There is a setting somewhere (which I can’t seem to find today) as to whether I want the site to be listed in the search engines. I think the question use to be:
“Automatically update search engines with no posts?  Yes / No”
Does the Ping-O-Matic do anything more than the automated notifying of search engines than the big blog platforms do?  I’m open to answers in the comments.
And I have a second question, does the Ping-O-Matic do anything useful for forum posts or even for websites?  And, in hopes of getting an actual answer from the Ping-O-Matic people (or androids or bots or whatever species would build and manage a Ping-O-Matic), I’ll link to one of their posts here hoping that the magic of link backs will get their attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment